If you or a loved one is charged in a criminal case, we know you are living through one of the most stressful times in your life. You might be facing job loss, food insecurity, mental stress, or other legal issues unrelated to the federal case. There are local community and non-profit programs in central Indiana that can help.
Your first stop should be Indiana’s free local service that helps you find the resources you need. Dial 211 to connect with someone to help or visit their website here.
- Community Compass – an app that can help you find food assistance – You can download the app by searching for “community compass” or text the word “hi” to 317-434-3758 to find assistance.
- Gleaners Food Bank – help finding a food pantry near you, Gleaners food bank home delivery program at: 317-742-9111
- MLK Emergency Food Delivery
- Indy Hunger Network – find local food pantries
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul – help finding a food pantry near you
- WIC – apply for the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) nutrition program
- Catholic Charities Crisis Office – help with basic necessities
- Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention – download and view the handbook of help for those experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- Homeless Initiative Program – services and support to end homelessness
- Holy Family Shelter – shelter services
- Horizon House – day services and support to end homelessness
- HVAF of Indiana – for Veterans experiencing homelessness
- Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance – offering emergency rental assistance by application
- John Boner Neighborhood Centers – offering a variety of support services, including help with housing
- Salvation Army – shelter services
- Township Trustees Office – if other options fail, trustees are elected to help struggling people obtain necessities. Read more about Township Trustees here.
- Wheeler Mission Ministries – shelter services
Mental Health & Drug Treatment Services
- The ARC Indiana – for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Adult & Child Health – mental health treatment providers
- Aspire Indiana Health – mental health treatment
- Eskenazi Health – treatment for those suffering from addiction
- Hamilton Center – mental health and addictions treatment
- Indiana Department of Mental Health and Addiction– for help finding addiction treatment providers in Indiana
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – information and resources for those struggling with mental health issues
- Psychology Today – for help finding a therapist in Indiana, including those who accept Medicare or Medicaid